The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)and Worcester CBD Middedorp Central Improvement Districtwas signed on 13 June 2013 by the Worcester Business Forum (WBF) and the Breede Valley Municipality (BVM).
The BVM-WBF MOU formalises many years of hard work between the forum and the municipality, and the MOU spells out this cooperation in order to:
- promote economic growth and development of the Breede Valley area;
- promote co-operation and joint projects that lead to development within the areas of business, commerce and industry, tourism and agriculture;
- support initiatives that promote development of infrastructure and services;
- work together for the social and economic upliftment of all people in the Breede Valley area;
- support initiatives that lead to good governance and ethics;
- work towards achieving the goals of B-BBEE and LED;
- identify projects and opportunities that can be utilized and implemented for the benefit of the Breede Valley community, and Worcester in particular;
- co-operate in all areas where communication and involvement with Local Government are required in the interest of the Breede Valley community
Further the framework agreement on the rejuvenation of the Worcester CBD Middedorp was given effect. The framework clearly sets out the rationale, objectives, roles and responsibilities as well as timeframes to deliver on the Worcester CBD upgrade. We are on schedule and progressing well!
The WBF and BVM intend establishing similar framework agreements on every collaborative project, including current programmes and their projects, including:
- SafeWorcester (equipping neighbourhood watches, security trailers, CCTV),
- Skoon, Skoner Worcester (refuse bins, street cleaning and advertising),
- Supporting informal traders (refuse collection, formalisation of stands, Community Bank),
- Caring for Worcester (Mandela Day, Linking Hands Linking Hearts),
- GreenWorcester (cycling for good, water, energy and waste reduction),
- New investment through the development of catalytic projects such as the redevelopment of Kleinplasie Showgrounds, Uitvlucht Industrial Park.
I would like to thank all of the past and current Worcester Business Forummanagement teams, over the years many people have voluntarily given of their time and energy, we are grateful for your hard work.
Lastly, thank you to the Breede Valley Municipality Executive Mayor Kivedo, MAYCO Councillors and key municipal officials for placing their trust in this partnership.